cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML file too long

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following problem regarding XML file.

I generate an XML file with following steps:

1) Populate an internal table;

2) Transform the internal table into an xml xstring variable, using CALL TRANSFORMATION command;

3) Write a file in binary mode (Open/Tansfer/Close).

The file produced is ok but if I open it with notepad, all the xml is written in one line.

Is there a way to write the file in more than one line?

Best Regards,

Raffaele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use a carriage return statement(^M) at the end of each line in ABAP to produce the file correctly this will help you to split the file in multiple lines rather than a single line in the Notepad. Also when you will open this in the notepad you can visualize the same format in comparision when youopen it in IE/Wordpad.

Hope this carifies you queries.

Cheers,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thank you for your answers, but my problem isn't related to visualization of the file. In fact if I open it with Iternet Explorer, I can see the XML correctly.

My problem is that this file is produced in background and send to another system and the recipient system does a check on line length.

So I need to produce the file already splitted in more lines by ABAP.

Regards,

Raffaele.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shareware XMLViewer is also good for opening wrapped XML files, then just click Save, then line feeds usually work for you anywhere else you view the file (ex. Notepad, Textpad).

http://download.cnet.com/XML-Viewer/3000-7241_4-10223729.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, try opening file in Internet Explorer.... it will be properly displayed.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try changing word wrap option in notepad. Otherwise use other editors such as xmlspy or soapui or wordpad to view this.