cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal export to PDF - Setting compression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have some vs2008/vs2010 winform application where i export programmatically the reports in a pdf file and then i merge the file with itextsharp. I need to reduce the dimension of the file and compress the file generated (for example a file generate con export is 220 KB and with a print2pdf tools or other virtual printer is 60 KB

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advace

Simone

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note in he header of this forum:

This forum is dedicated to topics related to custom application development or deployment with Crystal Reports in .Net.
This includes full versions of Crystal Reports as well as those versions of Crystal Reports bundled with Microsoft Visual Studio .Net.

Now, does your query relate to the header?

- Ludek

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports Desktop Scheduling tools listed at: http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html provides that functionality. It allows you to merge, compress, and linearize pdf files.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to change page setting but dimension not change.

I tried also to made a compression after exportation with the itextsharp library but the dimension decrease only for 1%

Any other suggestion

Thanks

Simone

0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

Typically we don't support third party Viewer plug-ins. If you don't use that itextsharp component does everything work?

If so, log the issue with them.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is the pdf generatard with method exportpdf in more big respect other pdf generator and when i merge N pdf files is too big

Thx

Simone

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as the pdf opens in adobe reader then it is working as expected.

It may be that we export to an older version of pdf so the size is larger than newer versions.

There isnt anything you can really do in code to reduce the size of our exported pdf.

Jason

0 Kudos

Change your default printer to the size you need. I've never test this but it may work so you'll have play with the paper size to see if it affect the output.

Or Ido's suggestion also.

Thank you

Don