cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help PI Modeling Experts -- cannot generate objects via Model Configurator

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the SAP documentation I have been reading encourages service integration development to originate using the modeling tools.

I was creating a custom service interface using the ProComp Interaction Model, but could not generate the configuration objects using the Model Configurator.

Integration Builder

When generating the configuration scenario from the custom ES Repository Model, my model is found u201C not configurableu201D with the following messages:

PCIM <MyModel>: Process component <MyProcessComponent> does not contain a reference to a process component from the Enterprise Services Repository

PCIM <MyModel>: No components assigned to process component <MyProcessComponent>.

Enterprise Services Builder

So, I go in the Enterprise Services Builder and try to create <MyProcessComponent> and <MyBusinessObject>.

In the u2018Create Objectu2019 pop-up menu, the objects, Business Object and Process Component, are u2018deactiveu2019. When the deactive menu item is chosen (e.g. Process Component), I get the error message, u201CSoftware component version does not support this object type u201C.

Question

In another forum thread, a response suggested that SAP does not allow the creation of custom Process Components or custom Business Objects.

Is this true? Or is some configuration or authorization missing somewhere in my system?