Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect Data element

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to create a Table which has a field to hold Transaction IDs in following format:

20110609155601_ss25A5 (numbers, chars and underscore)

I have used char70 as data element for this field and getting invalid value error.Also,I am not able to select STRING, XSTRING, BLOB, etc as data element.

Can someone please let me know what could be the data element which can hold such values?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Shweta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Try two things:

1. check if you have any foreign key relation for this field (a check table). If yes, these could raise the error.

2. If suggestion as in point 1 is invalid, try to create a domain with data-type char, length 70. Create Data-element out of it. And use it in your table. Technically it may not make sense. But I am having a Z table with Char 50 and tried entering the value you mentioned and it works for me.

Cheers,

Anid

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Try two things:

1. check if you have any foreign key relation for this field (a check table). If yes, these could raise the error.

2. If suggestion as in point 1 is invalid, try to create a domain with data-type char, length 70. Create Data-element out of it. And use it in your table. Technically it may not make sense. But I am having a Z table with Char 50 and tried entering the value you mentioned and it works for me.

Cheers,

Anid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Char70 should work unless you have a validation in place to throw the "Invalid value" error. As the lowercase attribute is not set for Char70 system will convert the text to all caps but shouldn't be getting error. Debug to find from where you are getting that error. For you requirement I would recommend to use "TEXT70" data element instead of the "CHAR70".

0 Kudos

Hello Anid,Hello Suman,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.

This was my mistake.I realized that it was not a problem with Table data element but a problem with the import parameter of the FM which is used to populate this field.

I had set the type of this import parameter in FM as PI predefined type SXMSMGUID, hence it wasn't accepting the values.

I have now made this change in FM and it works.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,

Shweta