cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRS configuration- Posting directly to customer account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done BRS configuration and I am able to do clearing, posting to bank charges etc based on configuation when I upload the bank statement thro FF_5.

But I have a new scenario, where while uploading a Bank statement thro FF_5, based on the external transaction type, the system has to post directly to customer account.

Dr Customer Account xxxx

Cr Bank Main account xxxxx

Is it possible in EBS configuration or what is the steps I need to follow to achieve the above entry.

Pls help..

Regards

Surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Using the posting rule, it is possible to generate the accounting entry you want, but the problem is how the SAP system will know the entry is for which customer. There is also a std T Code FF68 for the same for manual entries from which accounting entries should be generated the way which you have raised in your first post. For your information, you can have the following user exits in FF_5, where in you can write your code

FEB00003 Customer exit for Finnish bank statement TITO format

FEB00004 Raw data processing, user exit SWIFT MT940

FEB00005 Electronic Banking - Account Statement Object Generatio

FEDI0005 Function exists for EDI-ICODS in FI - Elec.bk stmt/lock

Regards

Sanil

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Suri:

What you are doing is principally wrong from financial accounting perspective. When you receive amount from you have to credit the customer and debit bank account. Hence here entry should be

Main Bank A/C Dr

Customer a/c Cr

and giving your customer number in posting rules is not possible. So you are requirement ca not be meet as per standard.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any user exit or any other option.?

Regards

Surya

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Will your bank account statement file have the SAP Customer no in it? What logic will be used for getting the customer details. In India, I am not aware of the functionality available in SAP, for direct customer deposit being provided by any bank

Regards

Sanil