cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dependent Characteristic specs in inspection plan for customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fire Fighter,

This is in regard to your query, I am opening the new thread.

Yes in material assignment, I have maintained combination of material and several customers (unique material and number of customers, it's not separate material for every customer).

Could you please come back on this?

Mimiri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a hard thing to troubleshoot via a forum.

If you are trying to get dependent specs they can only be accessed from an inspection plan to the best of my knowledge, (not a routing or receipe).

To use them in an 01, or 04 inspection lot you must have a process that populates the vendor, (01's), or customer field (04's) in the inspection lot. If your lot doesn't have that info, you can't use dependent specs.

So if your aren't in a MTO environment, it is pretty hard to use dependent specs in 04 lots.

You could use multiple specifications possibly but that is a whole other approach.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

FF,

In my case it is MTO scenario only.

In material assignment I am assigning the customer also but still the customer info doesn't flow to the inspection lot.

By this I understand that the customer info is not part of the inspection lot though it is created against the production order in MTO scenario. Till you get the customer field in the inspection lot the customer specific specifications can not get picked up.

Any other alternative to resolve this?

Mimiri

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

If you don't mind could you please share some more information on it and i do have a requirement can you please help me out by a flashlight on my requirement, please.

"The client requested a solution, where a respective FERT material type is having a material assignment process in the respective Inspection plan with two other materials that are also using the same inspection plan while creating the inspection lot (each MIC is also having a DMR)

Now the client is asking whenever a quality inspection lot is created for other material codes that are in the material assignment should only get two MIC from the main inspection plan.

How can we achieve this process by restricting MIC's from the main material to other assigned materials for example if the main inspection plan has 4 to 10 MIC's and only needs to generate an inspection lot with 4 MIC from the main inspection plan..."

Please share if you have any idea on it ramvenkatmadhums@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu. G