Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Design Objects

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am testing this functionality. right now iam transferring objects from two SWC registered in the SLD.

im facing an issue. i tranferred a model foldel from SWC1 to SWC2. everithing was OK.

later i deleted it, an activated the changes.

when i tryed to transfer the folder again the system return: Objects Not Transferred (Target Object Version More Up-To-Date)

does anyone know why?

Is possible to transfer a Model and all the dependent objects, i mean. i transfer the model SalesOrder-->so as consecuence all service defined and associated in the model, Message Type and Data Type, Core Data Types, GDT????

Thanks

Rodrigo P-.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo

Issue happened because object was changed (deleted) on SWCV2.

If you change objects in SWCV2, they will not be transfered from SWCV1 to avoid that SWCV2 objects get overwritten with older versions.

If you change objects in both SWCVs, you will get a conflict.

Here it is in more details:

No new object versions are created during the release transfer. Instead, the current versions of the source SWCV are transferred to the target SWCV. This has the following consequences for repeated release transfers: 

a) Objects that were only developed further in the source SWCV are transferred to the target SWCV. 

b) Objects that were only developed further in the target SWCV are not overwritten. The release transfer does not affect these objects. 

c) Conflicts occur if objects were developed further in both SWCVs. These conflicts must be resolved after the release transfer.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so to transfer those objects again from SWC1 to SWC2 i need to update something in the objects to be able to transfer them again? if not which could be the best way??

however i don get whyif i delete objects in SWC2 why the system do not tranfers again from SWC1. if those objects does not exist in SWC i should be able to transfer.

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Jun 9, 2011 12:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you would need to edit them in SWCV1 and make a new release transfer.

In this case it will show a conflict and you will have to choose the version from SWCV1.

They are logically deleted from SWCV2. This is a change done on SWCV2 after the release transfer.

It's different from the scenario in which you never transfered those objects from SWCV1 to SWCV2.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Guiseppe

just one more question

Is possible to transfer a Model and all the dependent objects, i mean. i transfer the model SalesOrder-->so as consecuence all service associated to the model, Message Type and Data Type, Core Data Types, GDT????

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo

You can transport all objects of the source SWCV or all objects of a given namespace or you can single objects selecting them one by one.

So you should be able to do it either by selecting the relevant namespaces or by selecting object by object.

If you choose an object, it will not automatically select all related objects (i.e. if you choose a message interface it will not select the related message type and data type(s)) if this is what you are asking.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Answers (0)