cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW7.3 compatability with SUP 2.0.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Does any one knows if NW7.3 is compataible with SUP 2.0.0 via DOE connector and if any documents available for the same.

Also would like to know the scalability for applications like MAM on SUP+DOE platform. How many devices it can support and if there are any limitation on Device management.

Thanks

Devendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not seen any documents or notes regarding 7.3 compatibility with SUP 2.0 but I just cannot imagine any issues with that combination. Same goes for the scalability, there are no hard or fixed limits to the number of devices. Speed of course will depend on various parameters such as network, servers etc.

For Device management (and it appears that you are thinking about more than a few devices) Afaria is clearly the way to go.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently DOE connector is not supported with NW 7.30 release. It will be available in future. Currently DOE connector is supported with NW 7.10 release only.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks. Do you also know about the limitation on scalability of using NW7.1 + SUP 2.0 as combination and using both as standalone. I found some documents on scalability but no where they mention about the number of devices that can be rolled out for SUP ( for application of size of MAM on average).

Thanks

Devendra

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edited by: Siva Satya Prasad Yerra on Jun 13, 2011 5:15 PM

Edited by: Siva Satya Prasad Yerra on Jun 13, 2011 5:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks!! We are looking at 17000+ devices.

Standalone DOE (NW 7.1) can be support X,000 devices with one server installation.

Do you know if DOE can support 17k devices?

Standalone SUP can support up to 1K devices (Not sure about this number).

With this case, you should have X SUP installations which connects to same DOE system working with same application.

Is there any implementation already been done for this kind of landscape (multiple SUP for one DOE?) or if there is any documentation available?

Thanks.

Dev

Edited by: Devendra kumar Phate on Jun 13, 2011 8:43 AM