cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Custom Script Logic: Skip Prompt Dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to run a specific logic (written in a separated .LGF file) and decided to use data packages. The idea is to run data package from excel sheet on send-button click (macros MNU_eDATA_SELECTPACKAGE) without providing any specific information from user (for example dimensions, run time... which are generally configured from package form dialog), because UI is to be as simple as possible.

I copied "Allocation" package, removed all specific questions, changed ALLOCATION.LGF script file to my own script filename an so on.. But I can't get rid of dialog "Select when to run the package". Any idea of how I can set "Run now" option by default and skip or hide somehow this prompt?

Thanks!

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

It will be less headache to put that logic in DEFAULT.LGF. It's designed to run on Save, while calling DM Packages makes sense if you need additional info, like selections.

Hope this helps,

Gersh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gersh!

I just didn't understand deeply the conception of script logic, now it seems to be clearer and the topic can be definetly closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for helfull answer! Topic could be closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

We thought about that, but problem is that when all script logic are put into one DEFAULT.LGF sending data from input schedule to server takes a lot of time on stage LOADING... If we can figure out this problem, we will use only DEFAULT.LGF for sure, it's easier.

But is it normal to store all calculations in one big file? For example, user enters/modifies only one account from a form and then sends data to BPC. BPC run all logic in DEFAULT.LGF for all accounts, but this calculations are not necessary. This takes a lot of time. What can we do, any ideas?

Thanks,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are absolutely right. Having all the calculations in the default script doesnt make sense.

You need to make a choice on this. If you want a calulation to take place everytime a data is sent, then keep it in the default script, otherwise dont. Keeping all the logic in default script will definitely slow down the sending process.

Hope this helps.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Default logic will process only those members that are in Current View, unless you change scope with XDIMs.

So, if you call that package, why do you think it will run faster than DEFAULT?

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

Maybe there is something I'm doing wrong. Because I don't think this is a normal behavior.

My DEFAULT.LGF looks like:

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ACCOUNT=..

*XDIM_MEMBERSET TIME=..

*WHEN ACCOUNT

*IS ....

here goes LOGIC 1 for specific accounts from above

this logic is supposed to do calculations when user works in the first form

*COMMIT

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ACCOUNT=..

*XDIM_MEMBERSET TIME=..

here goes LOGIC 2 for another specific accounts from above

this logic is supposed to to calculations when user works in the second form

*COMMIT

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ...

...and so on

With this structure LOADING process (from input schedule) takes a lot of time (in either first form or second) and this time doesn't depend on the number of records we are sending to database. But if we remove, for example, LOGIC 2, it will work faster. That's why I'm trying to split DEFAULT.LGF

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I'd suggest changing that script to something like

*XDIM_MEMBERSET
*WHEN ACCOUNT
*IS ...
LOGIC1
*IS ...
LOGIC2
*IS ...
*ENDWHEN

Even thought *XDIM is data definition statement it's executable and consumes some time.

Each *IS makes a data retrieval from your Application, so performance will depend on how much data is retrieved and how big that Application.

Main questions is: do you want that script to run only on members you have in your Input Schedule or on some other data set? If it's only on members you have in IS then you don't need those XDIMs; if you want extended scope then I don't see why DM package will be faster.

Did I miss something here?

Regards,

Gersh