How to reset a Repository Admin password if you have lost it
if I have a repository, and I lose the password for the Admin User
how can I reset the password of the Admin User for a repository if I cannot get into the Repository ?
Thank you and kind regards,
Shiv Prashant Dixit replied
Yes, you can do it if you have direct access to MDM Database server. To reset Admin password, follow below steps:
1. Access the database server using a database management tool (such as SQL Server Enterprise Manager).
2. Open the database of the appropriate repository. Database naming convention will be [repository name]_m000
3. Open the user table. Table name: A2i_CM_Users.
4. Replace the password in the field u2018Passwordu2019 of the Admin user record with D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E value. This value means blank or no password.
5. Now Log in to the repository with the blank password and Admin user using console and set the appropriate password.
Revert in case you face any issue.