cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFS-QM Error in stock posting performed by taking Usage decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

during stock posting with 105 mov type performed by taking Usage Decision (QA11), I faced with a strange system behavior, described beneath.

Previuos steps:

Purchase order creation

Partial Good receipt performed by MIGO, mov type 103 (Blocked stock from PO)

Automatic Creation of Inspection Lot

Error encountered:

If I take usage decision (QA11) for the inspection lot created, putting the stock checked in Unrestricted Use (correspondant mov type = 105), in the following good receipt (related to the same purchase order), the incoming stock available is less of the real quantity, previously accepted..

After some checks we understood that with 105 mov type the system doubles the real quantity previoulsy accepted, acting in the following manner:

Initial PO: 100 PZ

1° Good receipt: 30 PZ

(automatic creation of inspection lot)

If we take a usage decision, posting stock to unrestricted use (mov type 105), in the 2° Good receipt, the quantity available from the same PO is not 70 PZ (100 - 30), but only 40 PZ ! ! (100 - (30 * 2)) = 40

Please note that it does not occur if we post stock (always 105 mov type) with a MIGO transaction, so we are forced to think that the problem is strictly related to AFS-QM inventory posting, and not to 105 mov type or inbounding process.

Thanks for your collaboration,

Regards,

Ale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suzy_bijnens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ale,

Check the sample size in the inspection plan. (transaction QP02) It is also important to know if the characteristics from the inspection plan are set up with the setting destructive sample or additive sample.

Sample size does not except decimal numbers, but you can change the unit of measure to decrease the sample size.

Rgds,

Suzy

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with the specific apparel and footwear solution but with regards to QM, if you are using the standard SAP delivered stock postings, it should use 105 to accept the material to unrestricted for the GR blocked.

I would first use MB51 for the material and batch and review all the material movement documents. Look at the trail of movements and try to see where the changes happen.

In your example, what did the unrestricted inventory and GR blocked inventory show as stock levels?

I'd also check OSS for issues related to AFS/QM. This is not new functionality in SAP so I would be surprised if this was an actual bug or problem in the system that hasn't been seen before.

FF