cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA DOC REVALUATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is there any option to re valuate the Posted COPA document for Op concern currency.

For example if Document curr is GBP and Exchange rate used between GBP to USD is wrong at the time of posting, i donne want to correct FI document by reversing and reposting, is there any option to Revaluate the only the COPA Document.

For Ex: GBP To USD is maintainted wrongly at 1.4 , but want to revalute the COPA Document at GBP to USD @ 1.5.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What you resist persists

There is no option but to reverse and repost...

What you can do is delete the COPA doc using KE4S00 with "logical delete" option

Then you can rectify your exchange rates and use KE4S to repost billing doc to COPA

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

THanks for the suggestion, but in KE4S i found an option to reverse, and repost.

When i execute this option then no need to do KEs4oo to cancel.

This reversal will reverse the old COPA document with Wrong exh rate and then repost the same document with correct exh rate maintained.

Let me know if you have any concern in this option.

Thanks

Aravind

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind

That should be OK... Please try this in a test system

I prefer KE4S00 because it results in only one document...

KE4S means Original doc + reversal doc and a new doc... Where as KE4S00 would delete the Original doc and create a new one

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

That would result in inconsistencies between COPA and FI, SAP generally tries its best to avoid inconsistencies, it is not going to allow you to do something like this.

From a business point of way this doesn't make sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piet

It makes lot of sense, Business use two type of reportings, one Spl Ledger, where Co code Currencies ae GBP, EUR or other curr except USD, Spl ledger will pull report based in USD,

SO since number documents are very high, reversing all the documents is not possible and to repost the same.

So we will pass manual entry only to adjust Spl Ledger.

Then to get correct numbers in BW, this KE4S may help where COPA documents are only around 3000 compared to FI documents of 13000, also there will not be inconsistencies between FI & CO we are trying to change the value only in the Operating concern currency which is USD, so if you pull report from Co code curr and COPA report on Co code currencies still they will reconcile.