Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while importing webservice in CAF. CE 7.2

former_member312910
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to reimport a web service in my CAF application. The old service has undergone changes in structure.

> I opened the CAF DC expanded the u201Cexternalu201D node

> opened the package containing the service

> Right clicked and selected delete with Data types. Service got deleted

> Then clicked on save

> Right clicked on the external node

> Import  Web service

> Enter the Service URL and click on next, select no service groups

> On final step of finish I get the error

Web Service can not be imported due to some errors. See log for further details.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.caf.designer.generation.v2.javatypes.XSDSchemeGenerator.generateElementDeclaration(XSDSchemeGenerator.java:466)

at com.sap.caf.designer.generation.v2.javatypes.XSDSchemeGenerator.generateXSDComplexTypeDefinition(XSDSchemeGenerator.java:410)

at com.sap.caf.designer.generation.v2.javatypes.XSDSchemeGenerator.generateXSDEntity(XSDSchemeGenerator.java:362)

at com.sap.caf.designer.generation.v2.javatypes.XSDSchemeGenerator.generateModeledXSDScheme(XSDSchemeGenerator.java:356)

at com.sap.caf.designer.generation.v2.javatypes.XSDSchemeGenerator.generateMergedWSDLDocument(XSDSchemeGenerator.java:169)

at com.sap.caf.designer.ui.utils.WsUtils.getUpToDateAllMergedWsdl(WsUtils.java:40)

at com.sap.caf.designer.ui.actions.es.WSDownloadAction.gatherCollisions(WSDownloadAction.java:520)

at com.sap.caf.designer.ui.actions.es.WSDownloadAction$DowloadActionChainingWizardDialog.checkForCollisions(WSDownloadAction.java:233)

I am working on CE 7.2 SP 10. Kindly help me out

Thanks

Deepu MS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepu,

Delete the namespace of external service.

save and generate the project before reimporting the external service.

not sure there is a way out in CE 7.2 SP 10. without deleting namespace.

Regards,

Nikhil Bose