Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 CUAs after system copy

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I've already googled and checked , but I can't find the (correct) solution or a guide for this problem.

We've made a system copy from our productive system to our test system.

And now our test systems is also a Central User Administration (TA SCUA).

How can I change the test system from a CUA to a child system of productive CUA?

Do I have to execute report RSDELCUA in our test system to delete wrong CUA?

And how can I log into the test system after executing this report, because all authorities will be lost? (or am I wrong?)

Thx for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can easily remove child system through report RSDELCUA, there should not be any issue.

And make sure to select reorganize CUA table.

Regards,

Asif

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can easily remove child system through report RSDELCUA, there should not be any issue.

And make sure to select reorganize CUA table.

Regards,

Asif

0 Kudos

Yes, but test system is not a child sytem, it is a CUA main system.

When I remove it, all role-links will be lost and so I can't loggin again, or?

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

After a system copy the following steps have to be done.

1. Logon to BD64 and select Central User Administration tab in test system. Delete the setup which makes the test system behave as a standalone.

2. Logon to PRD system and perform all the steps of removing a client from CUA (SCUA tcode).

Now PRD does not recognise TST as its child system and deletion of ALE setup makes the TST system a standalone client in landscape. We can proceed with SCUA tcode in PRD in the normal way of adding a system ..Make sure the logs does not contain any errors during saving of the system. Later use SCUG to transfer all TST users to PRD CUA...

Hope this info helps.

~Sri

0 Kudos

Hi Sri

Thx for help.

I have delete distribution model of CUA in test system.

I also removed in prod. system the test sytem of distribution model.

However, when I try to delete the testsystem of system landscape in SCUA i get the following message:

"Cannot delete: Target system <systemname> is part of an active CUA"

I also get the same message, when I try to delete prod system of SCUA in test system.

Any ideas?

Thx again for help

0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

I think that these problems araise, as you still use the same logical system names for prd and dev now.

I suppose, that consistency check can be bypassed, if you do not use SCUA but report RSDELCUA (which is called by SCUA in fact) instead.

In DEV: Option delete complete CUA (disconnect the system in SM59 before you do that)

In PRD-> Option delete child <DEV>

Then change logical system name of DEV and reconnect it in SM59 and then to PRD-CUA. Make sure, that you don't have old stuff in BD64 and WE20 (type LS) before reconnection....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard

Thx for answer.

Test- and prodsystem are two different system names.

I've two questions to report RSDELCUA.

- Is there a main function to cut the rfc connection?

- What happens, when I execute the report in prod system for child-system?

Are all role-assignments for testsystem deleted?

Important note: The testsystem is not a new one. We already have done system copies in the past.

Therefore we already have role-assignments in prod CUA, which we don't want to lose.

Thank you very much, for help!!!

0 Kudos

> Test- and prodsystem are two different system names.

-->so you have run bdls already after your systemcopy?

> I've two questions to report RSDELCUA.

> - Is there a main function to cut the rfc connection?

-->No, use SM59

> - What happens, when I execute the report in prod system for child-system?

> Are all role-assignments for testsystem deleted?

-->If the user has other systems assigned, the systemassignement for that DEV-system is removed. Therefore the role assignements for that dev-system are removed. of course nothing is transferred to the child (DEV-system), the removal happens only in the central system.

If the user has no other systemassignement: the system/role assignemetns are removed and the user is locked (in central system only)

> Important note: The testsystem is not a new one. We already have done system copies in the past.

> Therefore we already have role-assignments in prod CUA, which we don't want to lose.

I understand that. RSDELCUA is quite straight forward. If you are not sure, use the test-mode before sharp-mode....

The log shows, which tables are affected....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The report has to be run in your PRD system and it should allow you to delete the TST. As noted by Bernhard, we would asume that BDLSS is already performed by Basis team as part of system copy activities....

After you delete the distribution model, i dont think we have to do much in TST system.

~Sri

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard, Hello Sri

Thank you for your great and fast help.

Yesterday we solved our problem.

We realy had to execute the report in both systems (PRD and TST), to delete unnecessary CUA, and adding it via SCUA again.

As feared, in correct CUA all role-assignments for tst-system has been deleted.

But this is not a big problem. We will create a short report, which makes an equalization between PRD and TST roles.

Thx again for help!!!

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi,

you propably don't need a report - simply take over users again in SCUG form DEV.....

THere is also an option to take over role assignements only.....

b.rgds, Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Jun 16, 2011 8:39 AM

0 Kudos

this tip was very, very helpful and saves us a lot of work!!!

Thanks a million to you Bernhard!

And also to you Sri, because I saw that you also gave me the tip before!

Have a nice day

Christian

0 Kudos

Thanks Christian... Good to hear that the issue is resolved !