Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Date field and F4 calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on v6.4. I am trying to add a date field to a screen that is not defined in the dictionary.

The field resides in an internal record of a db table as follows:

mt_int_rec LIKE zcrd_intrate,

zcrd_intrate is defined as:

MANDT

RECTYP

FICO_HIGH

FICO_LOW

TERM_HIGH

TERM_LOW

LTV_HIGH

LTV_LOW

EFF_DT_HIGH Z_EFF_DATE_HIGH DATS 8 DATUM

EFF_DT_LOW Z_EFF_DATE_LOW DATS 8 DATUM

INT_RATE

DATECR

TIMECR

USERCR

DATECH

TIMECH

USERCH

I'm adding mt_int_rec-EFF_DT_HIGH and mt_int_rec-EFF_DT_LOW to a sub-screen.

When adding the 2 date fields to the sub-screen from the mt_int_rec, I can't seem to get the F4 ability to provide the standard calendar drop down. I know I've done this before and the solution was pretty simple, but it's been over a year since I've had to maintain a screen in ABAP.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member1245113
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Attributes( Double Click on the Screen Field) Dict Tab select Format as DATE type

and/Or do the following also

Assign CACS_CALENDAR in the input field of Search Help attributes for this Screen Field

Cheerz

Ramchander Rao.K

6 REPLIES 6

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

Is your Screen Field name and ABAP variable name for date type same..!!!

Check whether only F4 functionality is not coming or the value itself is not captured in internal table..!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

As it is a LIKE definition, it is the same as the table, and is defined as DATS in the screen attributes.

former_member1245113
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Attributes( Double Click on the Screen Field) Dict Tab select Format as DATE type

and/Or do the following also

Assign CACS_CALENDAR in the input field of Search Help attributes for this Screen Field

Cheerz

Ramchander Rao.K

0 Kudos

Dict tab does have this as a DATS field. CACS_CALENDAR is not availabel in 4.6 it appears.

0 Kudos

Then call FM F4_DATE in a module called in the POV (process on value-request) of the dynpro.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Not the resolution I as hoping for, but did solve the problem.

Thanks

Paul