cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBA based GATP for Multiple storage location in same plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a requirement were we need a RBA based GATP for multiple storage location in same plant.

Let me explain with scenario-

We have a plant 1000 and under this plant we have four storage location 100,101,102,103.

Our requirement is to have GATP-RBA check activated for these storage location level. So when we create sales order for 10 quantity for plant 1000. First storage location 100 has only 3 quantity confirmation and remaining 7 quantity should be picked by second storage location 101 for confirmation.

Also the line item in sales order should update with two lines from this storage location.

Please let me know how can we achieve this either through configuration or by enhancement.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you need to convert your storage loc into MRP Areas and then CIF to APO.

Please follow the SAP help for MRP area

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/5d/25cfb690fdf540a50e02a798b4efee/frameset.htm

create rules for location substitution between MRP area then it will be possible to check at different storage locations within the same plant

Thanks

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the information.

I have now few more questions-

1. At present if they do not wish to use MRP area in material master, can we still do RBA check at storage location level. Can this be achieved if i dont check the "No sublocation check" in check control. By this way, will it involve all the storage location for a plant. But i believe this can be done only by normal product availability check in APO and not by RBA, please correct if i am wrong.

2. If they agree to have MRP area, while doing RBA based ATP will the sub items created in sales order for confirmation will get updated with the proper storage location automatically or need to do enhancement in sales orders user exit to update the storage location in sales order.

Thanks and regards

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answers to below

1.+ At present if they do not wish to use MRP area in material master, can we still do RBA check at storage location level. Can this be achieved if i dont check the "No sublocation check" in check control. By this way, will it involve all the storage location for a plant. But i believe this can be done only by normal product availability check in APO and not by RBA, please correct if i am wrong+

Yes , in this case you need to populate a particular storage loc on sales order and you will get confirmation from that storage loc only. There will not be any RBA check.

2.+ If they agree to have MRP area, while doing RBA based ATP will the sub items created in sales order for confirmation will get updated with the proper storage location automatically or need to do enhancement in sales orders user exit to update the storage location in sales order.+

Yes sub items will be created in case of rules are triggered and there is a mapping of MRP area to a storage loc in ECC. system will update storage loc in sales order without enhancement.

Thanks

Pavan Verma

Answers (0)