cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy from Production to Development System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to Client copy from Production to Development System.

OS is HP-UX B 11.23 and Database is DB2. My Development Sytem has 330,400,700 clients are there. Space is not available in Development System.

If I delete the Client in the Development System. Space is available?

Client Export and Import or Remote Client Copy Which is one better for Client Copy from Production to Development. My Production Databse size is around 260GB.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deleting a client comprises of two tasks. One is deleting the entry in scc4. Then only then entry is deleted. But the data is not deleted and the data is there in the database occupying the space. Then go for SCC5 to delete the client content. Beofre doing the remote client copy go for test run first. It will check whether the sufficient resources are available. If it finishes successfully then definitley you can execute the client copy. Client copy is better I assume compared to export and import

Regards,

Srini

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Schedule a test client copy to analyze how much space you required. Then see on Dev System how much space you available. But as said if you want your space back them you have to reorgnaize other wise you can identify the CLient size and based on that you can go for client export/import

Regards,

Subhash

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will delete the client then you will not get whole space back and for that you have to reorganize database.

I would go for Export/Import for client copy.

Thanks

Sunny