Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct procurement special procurement key, back flush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is reg Direct Procurement special procurement key

I have maintained special procurement key as direct procurement for alll Components

We created Production Order, system automatically created PR for components

now we converted to PO and posted GR for components ...Stocks are assigned against production Order

In production order i could see 101 movement type Doc...

How does back flush happens in direct procurement. when i set production order to complete back flush is not happening

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in production order compoennets overview if resrvation is still open for compoenents or final issue in dicator is already marked?

Also try MB1A for issuing these compoenents to prod order if backflushing is not getting triggered automatically in CO11n confirmation.

also check backflushing indicator settings are maintined properly in material master / routing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We see that PR is created against Production Order account assignment which means when GR is done stock doesnt go to stock at all

This is why there is no need for backflush ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in that case as soon as GR for compoenet happens it is directy issued to Prod order and cost is debited to order.you do not need separate backflush for these componenets again.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Reddy,

In my understanding this direct procurement is a special planning process in MRP.

Use:Using the direct procurement procedure, you can order BOM components for an order directly instead of via the

warehouse.

Direct procurement is also possible in connection with make-to-order production and engineer-to-order production.

There are two alternative processes:

using the special procurement key Direct procurement - This process is like the direct production process.

using the item category Non-stock item.(SAP recommends the process using special procurement key).

Process Using the Special Procurement Key for Direct Procurement

You have set the item type stock item for the components in the BOM, which are to be procured directly.

If you want to use direct procurement for a particular component all the time, you have entered the special procurement key for direct procurement in the material master for the component (MRP 2 view).

If you want to use direct procurement for a particular BOM only, you have entered the special procurement key for direct procurement in the corresponding BOM item in the MRP data area. This entry overwrites the entry in the material master.

If you have activated direct procurement in the material master, you can switch off direct procurement for a particular BOM, if you deactivate direct procurement in the MRP data area of the corresponding BOM item under Explosion type. This entry overwrites the entry in the material master.

Process Using the Item Category for Non-Stock Item.

You have set the item type non-stock item for the components in the BOM that are to be procured directly. You have also entered an item number and a detailed long text for the BOM item.

This is the only possible process for materials without a material master.

So in my understanding I dont think backflush or manual GI will be possible for such items.

Correct me if I'm wrong,

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Answers (0)