cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter - Not Running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a very simple scenario which uses the File adapter within the sender communication channel. I have done this sort of thing before and it always worked as expected. All that should happen is the file is picked up via FTP and turned to XML using Content Conversion. Easy stuff.

However, the adapter never appears to run. If an FTP adapter finds a file then you will see an entry in SXI_MONI. If an FTP adapter doesn't find a file then you see nothing. At the moment I am seeing nothing. However, I should be seeing something because all of my Connection/Access parameters are correct. There is a file there but it's not picking it up.

The question I have is this. Is there somewhere in SAP that I can see the adapter attempting to run. As the adapter polls every 60 seconds to see if a file is in place then surely this poll is logged somewhere in SAP. I would like to find out if the adapter simply isn't running at all or it is and is having issues. Only way to do this is to find a log/screen in SAP which details the adapter polling the sending server. Is this possible ?

Cheers,

PaulC.

Edited by: paul clements on Jun 9, 2011 12:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go through Runtime Workbench--> Component Monitoring -> Adapter Engine -> Communication Channel Monitoring

Regards,

Fabio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

● You have started the Runtime Workbench, are in component monitoring, and have selected an Adapter Engine as your component.

● On the Status tab page, you have chosen Communication Channel Monitoring to call the communication channel monitor.

Regards

Pothana