cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to install something in server to enable iPad user to use SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that at client side, mobile user just need to have SAP Business One mobile application installed in the iPad. But how about the server side, is it necessary for the Administrator to install something?

If it is, what is to install & how to obtain it?

If it is not, how does the iPad able connect to the database? SAP B1 is based on Windows & uses MS SQL Server, while iPad is not based on Windows.

I would also appreciate if you provide link to useful resources, e.g. detailed documentation, iPad simulator.

Thank you.

Edited by: Sandy Robertus on Jun 9, 2011 12:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sandy,

You need to install B1if the Business One Integration Framework. This is what enables mobile integration. You will find this and the installation and configuration information on the SAP Business One 8.81 media.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. Is it available for SAP B1 8.8?

former_member186605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandy,

To use the SAP Business One Mobile App you need to be running SAP Business One version 8.8 PL12 and B1 8.8 Integration Component or higher. SAP Business One version 8.81 is recommended, also to use the latest functions of the App.

About further documentation - Are you a SAP Partner or Customer? All installation docu comes along with the software indeed.

[Here |http://service.sap.com/~sapidp/011000358700000483052011E/B1_MobileApp_Guide.pdf]you can find the public Documentation for the App: The SAP Business One Mobile Application for iPhone and iPad

regards, peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all. I got B1 Integration Framework already.