Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

column position in table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I had inserted a numeric data type column in table control at 2nd position.

But its appearing as the last field in table control. I had checked the attributes of this new column by double clicking, there colpos attribute is set to 2. In the layout editor also the column is displayed at 2nd position but when I run the report then it is showing as the last column of table control.

What should I do to display the column at 2nd position.

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the layout of your screen in Screen Painter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you insert the new column? Did you check the screen, is it showing in 2nd position there also?.

JUst make sure your changes are made in the program as well as the screen.

0 Kudos

I added new column by dragging input field in layout editor, I also checked in layout editor, column is in right place there(2nd position).

Also added corresponding field with same name in ABAP program.

Everything is working fine I just need to shift the column position. Also reactivated the screen and program many times but still the same problem.

0 Kudos

I think you should regenerate your table control.

May be you missed defining it someplace.OR respositioning it in some structure.

Why dont you copy the program and regenerate and check.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I had activated corresponding screen and program many times but of no use.

I had also found out in configuration button in upper right corner of table control after clicking administrator button my column no. is showing 75(last column no. of table control) but that field is only in display mode, may be if I change those administrator values then my problem will be solved. Please answer these two questions:

1. can those administrator values be solved, if yes, how?

2. can I get desired output after changing administrator values?

0 Kudos

Solved the issue.

There are system variants already created for Table control.

I had deleted system variants by clicking on configuration button at upper right corner of control.

administrator->delete.

After deleting table control will appears in basic settings as defined in screen painter.

Thank you all.

Edited by: shubh_ag on Jun 30, 2011 11:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re-gererate the table control with proper col numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved