Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOFM output requirement deactivated &missing when moved to quality server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

1. I created an output requirement in developement server - RV61B911 (using the access key )

2. I activated it

3. Transported it

Hoevewer, another requirement RV61B909 is missing in the Quality server.

I presume both of them are mutually exclusive events but if there is a relation, kindly let me know.

Also, is there any operation by which an output requirement gets deactivated and even removed from seen in the main program, in my case RV61BNNN.

Regards,

Subodh S.Rao

10 REPLIES 10

arun_pandey5
Discoverer

In quality server goto abap editor and Execute program RV80HGEN. ..It will activate and your routine

0 Kudos

I already executed RV80HGENt in Quality. It did not activate the include in RV61BNNN.

M problem is that although the include exists and is activated in Development server, its entry is missing in RV61BNNN and is not activated.

Alternate route is to activate it in development and move the transport to Quality.

But, the deletion of Output Requirement in Quality has been a recurring activity and I want to know what is the exact reason that causes this.

Regards,

Subodh S.Rao

0 Kudos

Thanks for responding.

I already executed RV80HGEN in Quality. It did not activate the include in RV61BNNN.

M problem is that although the include exists and is activated in Development server, its entry is missing in RV61BNNN and is not activated in Quality server.

Alternate route is to activate it in development and move the transport to Quality.

But, the deletion of Output Requirement in Quality has been a recurring activity and I want to know what is the exact reason that causes this.

Regards,

Subodh S.Rao

0 Kudos

Hi, in development server please check in VOFM whether ACTIVE flag is checked for custom routine. If not then activate from edit menu by selecting routine entry. If routine is active in development environment then confirm whether active flag is checked in quality environment. If flag is checked then re-execute RV80HGEN report and check the result. I assume you have necessary authorization to run this report program in quanlity system.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I created a Transport of the activated Custom Output Requirement in Development and moved it to Quality.

The include is activated in Quality but it is not seen in under 'RV61BNNN' which is the main program.

Let me rephrase my question:

Can anybody let me know if there are transactions which delete Output requirements from the main program ?

Regards,

Subodh S.Rao

0 Kudos

> Let me rephrase my question:

> Can anybody let me know if there are transactions which delete Output requirements from the main program ?

No. There is none.

0 Kudos

A question that remained a question whenever I searched.

1.Why do we need to run the RV80HGEN separately in the target client ?

2.Can't it be transported in the TR from development as XPRA (authomatic run in the target client once it gets imported )

3.Most of the threads in SDN suggest to run RV80HGEN In Quality.We can run in Qulity but what about Production where we don't have authorisation to run programs.

4.Does this RV80HEN when executed in the target client either through transport of manually activates all the activated routines again.Does the routines which are inactive will remain intact or we will have an issue.as reported in this thread

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Thank you Sampath.

But I am still confused as to why did the Output Requirement get deactivated and was excluded from the main program. Maybe some random case.

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

This is the first time that I have worked on output requirement. So cannot answer most of your questions.

I think 'activation' of an existing routine should not be a concern unless a user wants to specifically de-activate an output routine. In such a case, its better to delete the custom routine. This then explains why a abap program exists to activate 'all' the routines in Dev/Quality/Prod(with relevant access) servers. Although I think it is concern with version management.

The same applies to Queries in SAP. They are independent of servers. Again they lack version management.

I could not find a satisfactory answer to my question. As mentioned before, I created a Transport in development for the already activated Output requirements ( VOFM->Output Control->Save) in Development server and moved it to Quality.

But I also ran the Program RV80HGEN independently in Quality.

I have no clue what of the above two solved my problem but the custom routine is now activated in Quality.

0 Kudos

Nilesh,

Thanks a million for your post. I had an issue where active flag was checked against my routine in VOFM. But the logic inside the routine never worked.

Missing piece was that code was in place but we need to activate the routine by selecting it the row in VOFM & choose edit->activate.

Seeing your post i did it & it works perfectly now. You nailed it!

What i don't understand is the purpose of active checkbox which mislead me for hours that VOFM routine is active.

Thanks

Aspire