Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check price control in the material master and it must be "S" (Standard price procedure), so system carries out all stock postings( for your case at GR) at a price defined in the material master and variances in price between PO and material master are posted to price difference account.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as i mentioned erlier the PO is created on free text process,there is no material master.

any other possiblities?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if invoice is created ahead of GR and if so, check if there is any difference in PO amount to invoice amount.

If above point is true, then GR amount would vary with PO value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.... IR is created prior to GR,,,

but as Mr.Anand explained,,, if IR is created before GR then there will not be any price difrence in GR

Thakns

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have told Price diffrence posting in PRD will not happen.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

but i dont have any material master at all to see the price,

and also could you please tell me how to see the PRD.

Thanks

Ravi

Edited by: S.Ravi kumar on Jun 9, 2011 2:05 PM

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell me what are the accounts generated while GR and Invoice receipt.If your not GR based invoice verfication then check what is the price invoice made .If your PO free text item then you should have assigned some account assignment category.Check in GR accounting entries debit to cost centre for eg if it is 'K' and remaining amount it should go WRX account.In your case invoice before gr then there might some diffrence in PO price and invoice price.Provide all accounting entries so that it can be easly evaluate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridar,

PO is not GR based invoice,

below mentioned are the posting hapned

PO is for 3 quantity ,per 1 item 1000 gbp

So total 3X1000=3000

Invoice account

Account

92203415 xyz ltd 722.25-

390019 Accruals - GRNI/Invo 614.68

226019 Taxation - Input VAT 107.57

Material account

Account

20205 Contractors u2013 Genera 2.614,68

390019 Accruals - GRNI/Invo 2.614,68-

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the invoice currency is it GBP .If your PO price 3000 GBP total then how did you payed to vendor only 722.25 only to venodr is there any dicount or less price than PO.

In GR wrx account also not matching with invoice amount 2.614,68.Check is there any other invoices created or any pending invoice is there ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes one more inovice is there,,

92203415 Respond Group Ltd 423.39-

390019 Accruals - GRNI/Invo 1,000.00

20205 Contractors u2013 Genera 639.67-

226019 Taxation - Input VAT 63.06

But how the value arived in GR that is 2,614.68.

If i reverse the invoice and reverse the GR for 2,614.68,can we do GR for 3000 gbp?

could you please tell me the funda how y GR has taken that value.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Better you cancel all the invoice and GR documents then select In invoice tab GR based invoice verfication.Do GR then later do invoice .So that system posts all the documents as per PO price.The total confusion behind this your PO is not GR based invoice verfication.The correct process is make PO line item as GR based invoice verfication then you will not see any mismatch the price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sridar,

let me try,,,vl approch you if i mess up with any more issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As Mr.Bijay Kumar Barik replied check out the Price Control in Material Master Record.

If its standard price, the price variance takes place at either GR or IR posting stage. Any difference between PO value and standard price of the material, the price difference will be tiggered to PRD account. GR/IR clearing account will be cleared during IR posting.

Any price difference between invoice value and PO value with GR being posted before IR, then the price difference account will be debited again along with GR/IR clearing account.

If IR is posted before GR, then there is not any price difference posting This handled by 'advance' payment to the vendor prior to delivery.

Regards

anand