Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding Standard table vs Z-table in SAP about deletion of data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can we delete the data form the standard table in SAP. If yes than will it ask for the request to make them effective itself, because when we delete the data from any ztable, it will not ask for the request to make them effective at the produstion server ? If possible plz update me with yr elaborate and detailed concerneds.

Regards,

Akg

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say can we delete data from standard sap tables.. DOes your concern lie in deleteing trough SM30 only or having an option to delete data by any means.

0 Kudos

Hello,

No not exactly, but asking for that, Does it ask for the request OR Does it will make any request for make the deletion of data from SAP standard table?

Regards,

Akg

0 Kudos

I dont think so we have option to delete data for standard sao tables from SM30. or se11 for that matter, unless it has maintenance allowed without restriction.

I did delete entries from TCURX table and it had generated a request for that.

Why dont you delete some entries and check.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Table Delivery Class as C -> Customizing table, maintenance only by cust., not SAP import.

If it is C means it will ask the request number for each and every action (eg Insert , Delete , MOdify) in that table in the SM30 transaction.

Regards,

Dhina..

0 Kudos

Hello,

I did the same and checked it but it is not asking to generate a request. I don't know why does it happen? Is there is any kind of a configurational issue is there or something else?

Regards,

Akg

0 Kudos

Sorry to intervene here Dhina but that is just halfways correct.

If delivery class NOT = C then it is NOT a customizing table and therefore you wont get any transport request updating or deleting data from it.

But if it is a customizing table then you got to look for the recording routine. You can see this by viewing your table in SE11, then using the menu like following:

utilities->table maintainance generator.

Then look at the info in the bottowm frame. if "standard recording routine" is tagged, then you get a transport request.

If the other option is tagged you wont get it. What again means you can customize this table directly in the system where you need those entries.

why is that?

well assume there is a customizing for e.G. materials, depending on materialnumber. If that table would have a standard recording routine you would need ALL your materials in your development system which would be quite unusual.

Edited by: Florian Kemmer on Jun 9, 2011 2:00 PM

some typos corrected, left some for sure

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

There is option to delete the transactional data in SPRO itself below each module under TOOLS. Deletion of data from here tales care of all the table and aviods inconsistencies of data not being deleted in all the tables

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can delete table entries programatically whether it is SAP Standard or Customization i.e doesn't problem.

Ram.

0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

we know that we can delete them but my query is why does not request is generating against this work.?

Regards,

Akg