cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO-PA allocation and reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am in the process of setting up and testing a CO-PA process. I have created an Allocation cycle to allocate common administration costs from the collecting Cost Centres to CO-PA. However, I noted that in KEU1 it required to enter an Assesment cost element.

We also need to create a P&L report in CO-PA similar to that we currently use in FI.

Therefore my concern is that CO-PA P&L will not display the primary cost elements (GL) that are used in FI document for the cost that are allocated using KEU5 (based on allocation cost element).

Isn't it possible to do distribution in CO-PA using the primary cost element it self?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1). Generally Cost and Revenues will flow to COPA by Assessment, Order Settlements & SD Conditiona Type - Value fields settings and PA Transfer Strcutre settings.

2). You can draw a report in COPA as per FI P&L. But if you want to get COPA Report based on Primary Cost element, Then it is possible if your configure Accounting Based COPA.

3). If you are using Costing Based COPA, it will give the report based on the value fields.

4).As per my knowledge there no much difference if you use assessment or distribution. Even if you use distribution also you dont get Primary cost element wise COPA report.

Thanks

Fit 4 Nothing

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Buddy

You are violating the basic design of Costing based COPA.... with that sort of requirement, you should have used Account Based COPA

Yes, Dist is not possible in Costing based COPA>. you need to logically group expenses of similar nature and achieve a optimum usage of value fields

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the responses.

We are using "Account-based" CO-PA.

However even in Account-based how can we get cost elements in the rows.

Appreciate if someone share a document on CO-PA reporting. I was unable to find any example reports in the system or in SAP library.

Thanks

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Through Costing based COPA, it is not possible to have the same kind of reporting as FI. One way I could think of is to create individual assignment line for each and every cost element in your PA structure. But be aware your data size will increase.

If you still want the same thing as FI, look at the option of Account Based COPA

Regards

Sanil Bhandari