cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving: Storage in FILESERVER: tx OAC0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am archiving Business Partner Change Documents in SARA.

The WRITE and DELETE works properly, however I have problems with the STORAGE.

I have been asked to store the archived files in the FILESYSTEM.

Looking into tx OAC0 I find an entry for FILESYSTEM, but not sure if the values are correct:

Document Area: FILESYSTEM File System

Storage Type: 03 SAP System Database

Rep/Sub-Type: normal

Version NO. 46

Contents Table: FSYSCONT

Transfer direct: /usr/sap/int/archive

Putput Device: LOCL

If I go to Customizing in TX SARA "Customizing view for Archiving" I see that I can make a configuration in

Content Repository: If I open the matchcode it offers me OT - Open Text (that system I must not use according to the customer)

No other values is provided in the matchcode.

I can write manually FILESYSTEM and store it, but since it is not proposed by the matchcode, I have the impression, that in some transaction I have to enable FILESYSTEM, so that it will appear in this matchcode.

I run the Deletion with Storage and get the error:

Step 001 started (program RSARCH_STORE_FILE, variant , user )

Archive file 000038-001CHANGEDOCU is being processed

Archive file 000038-001CHANGEDOCU does not exist

Error occured when checking the stored archive file 000038-001CHANGEDOCU

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

I have the impression that I have to customize the FILESYSTEM in tx OAC2 and / or OAC3, but l have no idea with which values.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Archive file 000038-001CHANGEDOCU does not exist

Was the file created on the transfer directory during the write job?... is it still there?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The file is on the archive folder /usr/sap/trans/archive.... still there...

What is the difference bt the archive folder on the SAP application server, where the archive file is now and the FILESYSTEM?

Is'nt the FILESYSTEM on the same SAP application server?

JP_Barcenas
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Thomas,

transaction SARA will put the archive files in the file system by default. So in this case there is no need to run the storage phase. The storage phase is used when you want to store the archive files in an external content server. All you have to do in this case is customize the 'Logical File Name' and 'Global Path' properly in order to send the archive files to the file system that you want. The note 35992 will help you.

Regarding the FILESYSTEM document area, this is intended for other uses, not to send the files to the file system. According to your customizing in OAC0, the files will be stored in the SAP Database, which makes no sense. In any case, and as said before, setting up OAC0 is not necessary if you want to keep the archive files in the file system.

Good luck,

juan

Answers (0)