cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of batch input session for mass reversal of payment documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello FI experts,

There is a business requirement in which the users want to reverse the payments en-masse. This can be achieved by creating a batch input session via a custom program to upload the documents from excel . Then calling FBRA and FB08 to do the resetting and reversal.

My issue is how to create the batch input session ? Please help.

Regards,

Van

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible.

Only direct execution. Use F.80

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Mass REVERSAL Use T.Code- F.80 - Mass Reversal.

Thanks

Goutam

Former Member
0 Kudos

F.80 is used for reversal of non cleared documents. For documents which have been paid, there is no standard way for mass reversal. So, a program needs to be developed for the same.

My query is how to do the batch input session- can it be done by LSMW and if yes, then how can I call the transactions FBRA and FB08 to reset and reverse the documents from the porgram?

Regards,

Van

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard there is no such mechanism to create batch input session.

FBRA - to reset and reverse the payment document.

FB08 - to reverse invoice

It is not possible either through LSMW.

You need to prepare a customized program and discuss with ABAPer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can yoy please help me in telling how to go forward with the creation of the customised program.? Since, it has to take up the data from the excel file and then call the transactions one by one, how the same can be achieved?

Regards

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably you need to have a selection screen where you can enter the payment documents (for FBRA purpose), then there is a check box whether to reverse the invoice documents associated with these payments. Better to put a test check box. Then simulation can be seen before reverse the payment and invoice documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Can you please explain in detail what do you mean? I want to know how to develop the program so that once it takes the data from the excel, it fills the documnet numbers in the transactions one by one?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello FI experts,

Can anybody please help in solving my query?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got developed such program earlierr.

You can define your custom program specification as below:-

(A) Based on the selection screen, the program will read all the records (field document number VBLNR, company code ZBUKR and year from field ZALDT) from table REGUH. (Proposal Run Indicator XVORL should be blank.)

(B) If Paying company code (REGUH-ZBUKR) is equal to Sending company code (REGUH-ABSBU):-

Step 1:- For each record of (Payment Document Number (REGUH-VBLNR), Company code (REGUH-ZBUKR), and Fiscal Year (REGUH-ZALDT)) it will call transaction FBRA and will reset the clearing of the document.

Step 2:- Then call transaction FB08 and pass the data as below:-

Document Number = Payment Document Number (REGUH-VBLNR)

Company Code = Company code (REGUH-ZBUKR)

Fiscal Year = Fiscal Year (REGUH-ZALDT)

Reversal Reason, Posting Date and Posting period will be defaulted from the selection screen of out program.

(C) If Paying company code (REGUH-ZBUKR) is not equal to Sending company code (REGUH-ABSBU):-

Step 1:- For each record of (Payment Document Number (REGUH-VBLNR), Company code (REGUH-ZBUKR), and Fiscal Year (REGUH-ZALDT)) it will call transaction FBRA and will reset the clearing of the document.

Step 2:- for each record of (Payment Document Number (REGUH-VBLNR), Company code (REGUH-ZBUKR), and Fiscal Year (REGUH-ZALDT)) get the cross company code document number (BKPF-BVORG) and

(ii) Then find out the Document number (BKPF-BELNR) from BKPF matching BUKRS = Sending company code (REGUH-ABSBU) and GJAHR = Fiscal Year (REGUH-ZALDT) and BVORG = cross company code document number (BKPF-BVORG) as obtained above in

(iii) Then call transaction FBRA and will reset the clearing of the document passing BKPF-BELNR, BKPF-BUKRS and BKPF-GKAHR as obtained in (ii) above.

Step 3:- Then call transaction FBU8 and pass the data as below:-

Cross CC Doc. Number= Blank

Document Number = Payment Document Number (REGUH-VBLNR)

Company Code = Company code (REGUH-ZBUKR)

Fiscal Year = Fiscal Year (REGUH-ZALDT)

Reversal Reason, Posting Date and Posting period will be defaulted from the selection screen of out program.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Thanks a lot for your detailed logic description. I have still one more query. The logic which you have told is based on the standard sap table which stores the payment documents. It will take one by one all the docs based on the company code and fiscal year. But say, there are 100 documents in the table, I need to reverse only the 50. So, as per my understanding- I have to maintain the 50 documents in an excel and then a z-program needs to be developed that will fetch the doc numbers from th excel and will store it in a temporary table. It will then match the data of the temporary table with the standard table(REGUH), and once there is a match; then the logic explained by you will be applied on the standard table.

Is my understanding correct? If yes, then it means there is no way to upload the data from excel to SAP by LSMW; a custom program needs to be developed?

Please help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The better solution will be use the custom program specification as I given earlier.

On the selection screen, also give a parameter for Document Nos., which you can use while selecting the data from REGUH table. (i.e. only the documents given on the selection screen will be reversed. If not document number given on the selection screen, then reverse all the payment documents selected from REGUH matching selection screen.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a word with the business and since this is not a frequent requirement. So, they have asked if LSMW can be used for the same?

I checked the usage of LSMW. I created 2 LSMWS, one for resetting in FBRA(as by default the LSMW, will pick up the only resetting option) and the other lsmw to reverse the saem in FB08. My query is :- Is it possible to record both the transactions in one LSMW , rather than having in two?

Please help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can someone help?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have suggested the usage of 2 LSMWs to the client- one for restting and other for reversal, as only single compnay code payment runs are required to be reset and reverse currently by the business. Also, it is not a regualr requirement, but once in a while; so ABAP development was ruled out.

Regards,

Vanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it not simpler and qicker for the business to use a combination of fbra for the resetting and f.80 for the reversal? They should have the document numbers in the same extract that they did for clearing documents for fbra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While creating a LSMW, by default it will select the checkbox "reset only" in FBRA. So, for reversal , you have to go to another transaction F.08. The business wanted no ABAP development , and without ABAP work, as far as my understanding goes; you cannot record 2 transactions in one LSMW. Hence, the suggestion of 2 LSMWs.

Please feel free to correct in case of any issues.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I also have a similiar requirment to do mass reversal. It will be really helpful, if you could share the code of Z program you have created for reference. Thanks.

Regards,

John