Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 2010 BEX workbook saving

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i wanted to ask. We currently are upgrading to Office 2010. Our users have the following process flow.

They open on application server a workbook in BEx analyzer. Then they download it to a network drive so they have a local version which they can edit. And then they save the local version as .xls to be able to open it without BEx or to refresh it from BEx. Now when open a workbook with Office 2010 on server and save it locally on networkdrive. If user edit the excel sheet and want to save it back my question is in which format should it be saved.

In office 2010 we have many possibilities like macro enabled or the normal office 2010 format or excel97 2003 workbook format. But it brings a n error when you want to save. The only way to save without an error is excel97 - 2003 workbook format. But that is not wished because we should use one of the new excel 2010 formats with the functionality.

Is there any OSS message or SAP recommendations how to handle ?

I would appreciate if someone can give nme some hints.

Thanks and regards,

Murat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

Please take a look at SAP Note 1498919.

This Note contains the limitations with Office 2010 and BEX but also contains workarounds for using Office 2010.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Karen