cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump in Sapscript for Quality Inspection transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the requirement to develop the layout in script for dispalying the Quality Inspection.where i need not to write any driver program

they did some configuration in the transaction 'QA32'.my script is automatically triggered by some standard Report.my problem is

when i try to issue the output it is showing that 'text element is not defined'and it is getting dump.even i mentioned the text element in script.i am not getting what are the text elements i need to mention in the script.

Thanks

Srilatha.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds strongly like you are using a standard driver program, or a Z-driver-program derived from a standard one, along with a custom form.

You better had derived your Z-FORM as well from the according standard form.

But anyway, if you get the error message that a particular text-element is missing you got 2 ways to come around this.

1. Either decomment the call of that text-element in your driver program, therefore search for the name of said textelement in your driver program and decomment the according CALL FUNCTION 'WRITE_FORM'.

2. Or Add that textelement in your script.

Therefore make a new line with paragraph format /E and the missing textelement name right next to it. The name of the missing textelement is in your error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The driver program what i am using is 'RQGAAM31' it is also used by the standard layout 'QM_INSP_RESULT'.where i have created the new ZScript .as you mentioned it is not an error message it is showing the information.

Edited by: srilatha.myneni on Jun 9, 2011 3:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srilatha,

I have worked on QM_INSP_RESULT. these forms don't have any output types they used to be called within the program.

You must have copied standard script into Z script. There must not be any error for Text elements it could be info messages. just activate your script and execute the transaction calling form.

I think in the transction, which is triggering your form, you have to mention your script name in the selection screen. then your script will trigger.

For making changes as per your requirement, you no need to change the standard driver program instead you can create a suproutine pool from SE38 and write subroutines there. and call these subroutines from your sap Script e.g.

/:PERFORM get_date IN PROGRAM zreport 
            /:USING &SALESORDER&
            /:CHANGING &S_DATE&
            /:ENDPERFORM   

The  ABAP Code would be........
           REPORT zreport.
           TABLES ztab.

FORM get_date TABLES in_tab   STRUCTURE ITCSY 
                                                   out_tab STRUCTURE ITCSY .

READ TABLE in_tab INDEX 1.
           SELECT some_date FROM ztab WHERE salesorder = in_tab-value.

IF sy-subrc EQ 0.
           READ TABLE out-tab INDEX 1.
           MOVE ztab-somedate TO out_tab-value
           MODIFY out_tab INDEX 1.
           ENDIF.
           ENDFORM.

hope this is helpful to u.

cheers

NK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Thank you very much.problem solved.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are Two method we can do in SAP Script modification,

1) By copying the standard script into Zscript then we can design the layout(only modyfing layout) and we can pass some variable also using Perform <form_name > in program ,,,, for this you just create one subrroutine pool program then pass value to sccript.

for this method no need to change driver program....

2) After copying script to zscript if you are adding some text element defenetly you need to create driver program also , so dont use this method....

so try to use perform statement in zscript..

Edited by: Ramesh T on Jun 15, 2011 7:28 AM

Edited by: Ramesh T on Jun 15, 2011 7:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure, if the text elements defiend by you are being calle din teh driver program and vice a versa.

Even better if you debug and check which text element is throwing an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i have created the 10 windows in script.it is showing the message 'text element is not defined ' more than 10 times when i press enter.i am not aware of the driver program which is calling the script.

Edited by: srilatha.myneni on Jun 9, 2011 11:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF the text elements you have defined are new and not called in program it will throw error.

Goto NACE Transaction and find out the driver program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

They havent mention any out put type for it.how can i now what are the text elements they are using in the report.Pls help me on it

Thanks,

M.Srilatha

Edited by: srilatha.myneni on Jun 9, 2011 11:34 AM

Edited by: srilatha.myneni on Jun 9, 2011 11:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you aware if you have created new text element in these windows?? or are you modifying the old oneS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am creating the new text elements,i dont know what are using in the report

Thanks,

M.Srilatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have created a new Z script? or modified an existing standard script??

How do you think your calling program and the new windows and text elements are going to link??

1)FIrst find out the program name.

2)ELse use teh existing text elements only.

3)We cannot just create everything new and then expect the program to execute.

Edited by: sap_wiz on Jun 9, 2011 3:16 PM