cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use WS Adapter with Third Party Web Service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus!

I'm trying to build an scenario in PI 7.1 sp10, the sender side is a RFC from SAP CRM and the receiver side is a Third Party asynchronous web service.

I have the endpoint and wsdl for WS, but I need use WS Addresing, and other security options as User token, x.509... so I try used WS Adapter receiver, but it doesn't work.

In first place, I don't know if is possible to use WS Receiver Adapter to consume a third party WS, and in the second place, when I configured the adapter, and execute RFC from CRM, In PI monitoring I see this error:

WS_LOGICAL_PORT

Error while determining logical port Cannot find logical port for agreement 229329BCFA30393A9771FDA68CC98044 and interface http://pruebas.endesa.es/PruebasTIBCO.SI_2_2_Tibco_inb

Can you help me? I'm looking for this kind of scenaries but I don't find anything that help me, is it possible to use WS Adapter (sender or receiver) with Third Party WS???

Thanks in advanced!

Verónica.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing the exact same issue - did you find a way to call third party with WS adapter through PI?

Did you resolve the Logical port issue?

I read several places that it should be possible theoretically

Kind Regards,

Pernille

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use soap axis adapter. Please check this note: 1039369

Regards,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

But should that really be necessary? I do not have attachments, just want to send message using ws-rm protocol, thought that was what the ws adapter is all about....

Also we did make it work where we made an SAP provider webservice which we called from third party with ws-rm by using ws adapter. That worked fine, now I just want it the other way around.

Regards,

Pernille

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge it is not possible.your third party system should use WS Runtime.,WS adapter maily used to connect SAP Systems.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Raja, as I know is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, then I have a problem,

if I only can use SOAP Adapter, how can I configuring WS-Addresing, username token, x.509 authentication, encrypted message...?

So, then it is not possible use this features in a third party web service , is it?

Thanks a lot!!