cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBACOCKPIT - wrong schema name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We moved one of our satellite systems on another server. After that, the remote database monitoring in Solution Manager (7.0 EHP1 SPS26) doesn't work anymore. When I try to add the corresponding entry, the system refuses (database error 229 at EXE - Execute permission was denied on the object 'sap_tf_version') and I notice that the schema name is wrong (<domain>\SAPService<Solution Manager SID> instead of dbo). I can't replace the schema name because it is greyed out in the system information part.

So my question: where the system gains its information about schema name from ?

How to solve this problem ?

Kind regards,

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the solution in SAP note 1388700: the server role sysadmin was missing for the SQL login...

Kind regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Edit doesn't give access to the schema name in Connection Parameters.

There is only access to Database Server(Instance), Database Name and Object Source Name, which can be changed if needed.

There is a fourth parameter Database User, but this is greyed and can't be changed.

Kind regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guilherme,

With SPS26, this changed to Root Cause Analysis -> Diagnostics Setup -> Managed Systems -> Database Monitoring...

Already tried... same error 229...

Kind regards,

Christophe

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Christophe

dbacockpit -> DB Connections (top left, may be hidden due to screen width) -> %_SID*->Edit

Change the Schema

Kind regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

Rerun the Database Monitoring setup at

http://<solman_host>:<solman_port>/smd

Navigate to Managed Systems -> Database Monitoring

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot