cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding, inputfield UI element attached to a Date datatype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement that an date inputfield needs to show to the user, in deafult , the format of the date that needs to be entered if the user chooses to enter it manually without using the date navigator. Eg like mm/dd/yyyy . So on seeing this it will help user to manually enter it with much more ease.

Is there is a possibility to show the format dd/mm/yyyy in a faded way in the text input more like a backround text.

Please share your ideas.

I am currently using netweaver 7.0 and its NWDS.

Thank you.

Edited by: swaminathan_Ramamurthy on Jun 9, 2011 10:27 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i don't think it can be done in 7.0

You can however try showing the info in tooltip.

Regards,

Himanshu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for sharing your ideas.

I got approval from client to have a tool tip and a text in place just below the field to display its format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is possible in newer Web Dynpro releases (7.1 EhP1 and later) with the "inputPrompt" property. See [Javadoc|http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwce/ce711sp02/wdr/com.sap.wdr/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/clientserver/uielib/standard/api/IWDAbstractInputField.html].

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Web Dynpro its not possible. More over date formats are country dependent. So u have to be very carefull.

You have to go for JSP or BSP app.

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swaminathan,

Its not possible to show date format as 'dd/MM/yyyy/' in an attribute of type 'Date'. Format can be represented in the Label for quicker reference to end users.

Anyway the frame work pops up with the error message for wrong entry.

As a work-around, a string attribute could be used in place of the current one and doing a manual format check would help in handling the case.

Regards,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil Bose on Jun 9, 2011 3:07 PM