cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up domain controller for change management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue here is that, the Dev-Solution Manager DSM (3.2 version) is defined as an domain controller for its transports.

We want to connect this to a satellite system R/3 termed as Dev-100, and this system is too a domain controller for its own transports, i.e. connecting Dev-100 --> Tst-100 --> PRD-100.

Now, when I want to configure change management to these systems, where do I configure the setup ? In Dev-SM STMS or in Dev-100 STMS ?

Currently, as both of them are domain controllers, they both are linked to each other using domain links, and this is done in Dev-100, but this does not seem to work.

Are we doing something wrong here?

How do we set up change management in this scenario?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

Real system landscape domain controller needs to be linked to solution manager domain controller.

Not the other way. Especially, this is mentioned as a first point in SPRO of TMS settings.

In your case, you need to link domain controller(STMS) of DEV, TST, PRD to your solution manager domain controller(STMS) DSM.

These steps can be performed by following this SPRO settings:

SPRO->SAP Solution Manager->Configuration->Scenario-Specific Settings->Change Management

->Standard Configuration->Transport Management System

This will have 9 steps to be performed. Read IMG documentation of each before executing any step.

It is clearly explained.

Also read this blog for TMS configuration step by step details:

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

Hope this may help you.

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once Domain Link is created in Domain1, you need to logon to Domain2 and approve the domain Domain1. Did you do this step? For your information you can follow the blow help document.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/c795388d62e450e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Mahesh