Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

RightDescriptor : base id for CeKind.USERGROUP

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a new custom role, I succeeded to create one that contains this type of rights :

RightDescriptor deleteObjectsRightFalseForThis = new RightDescriptor(CeSecurityID.Right.DELETE, null, false, IRoleRight.Scope.THIS, CeSecurityOptions.ANY_OBJTYPE);
		RightDescriptor viewObjectsRightTrueForThis = new RightDescriptor(CeSecurityID.Right.VIEW, null, false, IRoleRight.Scope.THIS, CeSecurityOptions.ANY_OBJTYPE);

It worked well but now I'm trying to create rights that only applies to USERGROUP (in system for the type usergroup). When I try to use this kind of RightDescriptor :

RightDescriptor deleteUserObjectsRightUserGroupsTrueForThis = new RightDescriptor(CeSecurityID.Right.OWNER_DELETE, CeKind.USERGROUP, true, IRoleRight.Scope.THIS, CeSecurityOptions.ANY_OBJTYPE);

It does not work, I obtain for the name of the right : "Unknown right". I would like to have the right "Delete objects that belong to the user" instead.

Does someone know how to create "standard" rights with CeKind.USERGROUP ? I tried to use different types of CeSecurityID.Right but still doesn't work.

I tried to find the answer in the forum but I had no luck finding it.

Thank you in advance for all the help and information you could provide.

Best regards,

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question