cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message_type_X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a problem in our master data load for 0EMPLOYEE_ATTR, there is an infopackage in the process chain which loads full load on a daily basis and it fails randomly with a "message_type_x". Everytime this Infopackage fails in the process chain, I delete the red request and repeat the step so that the process chain completes. but just wondering why would it fails so randomly? any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ashwin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

This is a standard message that is common in process chain error .

*First check at data level .Due to to many duplicate data sometime the loads fails .

your process chain started after and event in RSPROCESS but if still in process chain that process is not known in active version it will terminate the job .

• Check SAP Note 784308 , 870596

• this is also sometime becauseof SAP GUI problem :in your case this looks like program error and normally occur in Process chains .It can be solved by applying higher level patch .

Hope this will be helpful .

Regards,

Jaya Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

I appreciate your solution. but, I'm afraid that I have to rule them out for the situation which I am facing for the following reasons,

1. There will be no duplicate recordds generated as this is a full load

2. The notes which you have suggested have a typical error message which does not reflect to the ones which I see for this issue.

however, There is one vaild point which you have made and that is to apply high level patches to the GUI, we have recently upgraded our GUI version to 7.2 so I may have to explore on that before I could come to a conclusion.

Thanks,

Ashwin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The technical information about the message which I see on st22 is,

Message class: "BRIAN"

Number : 299

Variable 1 : "SAPLRSDDS"

Variable 2 : " CHNGPROT_SAVE"

Variable 3 : " "

Variable 4 : " "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue in production.

can you please share the soution with us

Thanks you

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar issue concerning the Master Data DTP Load failing with a Short Dump Message "Error in program SAPLRSDDS in form CHNGPROT_SAVE".

When we analysed the issue the error was concerning a Attribute Change Run for the InfoObject running during the DTP load as Holger Pointed out.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunil

holger_funke2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

we had the same problem of random dumps with message type X occuring in the form routine CHNGPROT_SAVE.

Our Analysis showed that probably the start of a change run while the loading process was running caused the problem in our system.

In our case we had two process chains.

One was sometimes delayed and therefore had a collision with the chain containing the change run.

Best regards

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Whenever you get this dump, get into debugging mode and analyze where exactly it checks the inconsistency. Unless you identify this inconsistency, you jeep getting this dump. Take the help of an ABAPer...........

Regards,

Suman