cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer from Excisable Plant to Non Excisable Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was suggested to post this issue in MM Forum.

;

Dear All,

We have one issue regarding the Finish Stock transfer from Excisable Plant A to Non Excisable Plant B.

Standard Costing is implemented.

Material X is maintain on Standard Price S.

Example

Material X cost in Plant A = 100

Material X cost in Plant B = 150

Material X production is done in both the plant.

When we transfer the material from Plant A to Plant B we have to add the excise duty to material cost when we received in Plant B as Plant B is non excisable so all cost should be added to material cost.

Plant A Material X cost = 100

Add: Excise Duty = 10 Rs

Total Cost will be 110 Rs

So system is debiting the Material in Plant B for Rs 150 instead of 110Rs. and balance transfer to Price difference. This is because of Standard price indictor maintain in Material Master.

Client is not accepting that .

Is there any solution for that .

Regards,

Shayam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member824495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This problem occurs when you are having standard price in both the plants.

In such case, difference will go to price different account. If you are not taking cost run in receiving plant, then you can maintain Moving average price in that plant. Also, I hope you have maintained excise amount in your STO pricing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply,

It is a Manufacturing plant so costing run is must. We are maintaining excise amount in STO pricing.

We cant make material on moving price.

So is there any solution for that or should i Raise the OSS fro that.

Regards,

Shayam

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have a non-excisable Manufacturing Plant? what is it? and SEZ or EOU? I dont think any SAP OSS will help you.

Normally, if you are Treating the same Material in One plant in 2 different ways (i.e. Manufacturing and Transferred/bought from Outside) then you go for Split Valuation, and accordingly you can maintain the Valuation /Pric econtrol as Standard for MFG valuation type and as Moving average for TRD(traded/transferreed) Valuation type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for a Reply Ravi,

This plant is in the state which is excise exempted.

I am very much agree with you for split valuation.

Suppose if we implement Split valuation then the problem is that in case of Trading Valuation price is rs 100 and in case of Manufacturing valuation price is Rs 150(Which come from costing). then at the time of sale which price system will pick in condition VPRS. As the storage location is same for both.

At the time of costing costing Run at month end which price system will update.

Hope you understand my question.

Regards,

Shayam

Edited by: Shayam_210 on Jun 9, 2011 1:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any input on this issue.

Regards,

Shayam

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At time of sale , the COGS will be hit with the respective Valuation type price (while isuing the material, you will have to enter Valuation type) . I think VPRS will show the Price at the Valuation category level (Not sure though-you will have to do a cycle in system and check ) .

In costing, you will not cost the material which has valuation type price control as moving average price (traded goods) .

Costing will happen only for the Im house manufactured valuation type record which is at Price control -Standard.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you thought of the option of having a trading plant ( dummy) and stk transfer of the finished material to the trading plant? As far as i know there are some excise related restricitions in stock transfer of finished goods to a manufacturing plant. eventhough your receiving plant may not be subjected to excise now, when the tax holidays are over it can create a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ravi,

I will check the same scenario, just one thing to confirm

Material code will be the same for both valuation type so when we do costing Run CK11N system will pick the valuation type of standard price and not of Moving price and update price accordingly ?

Regards,

Shayam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajit ,

The ideal is good but client will not going to accept that thing at all and we have to do a lot of customization for that. as we have 3 plant in that state and 5 depot. so i think i have to create that much dummy plant for that.

one thing i want to ask how as how it will be a problem when tax holiday will get over in my scenario.

Regards,

Shayam

Edited by: Shayam_210 on Jun 10, 2011 2:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any input on this issue

Regards,

Shayam