cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalised value from legacy system

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

My client tried capturing all costs from previous years i.e. before launch of PS from a legacy system. So for this they created WBS for earlier years. Posted actual costs through Manual Allocation through FI postings. For this they created a dummy cost center and a dummy cost element.

After manual posting of actuals this was captured in PS reports.

They then settled the costs for those WBS of previous years to the same dummy cost center and this was how costs are captured in PS for legacy WBS elements.

There is a column in PS report which captures Capitalised value and costs which are settled from WBS to AuC through CJ88 are captured in this column.

Now the problem is costs capitalised for those WBS of previous years could not be captured as these are settled to cost centers. How to proceed now to correctly report this value in PS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

since earlier costs are settled to cost center, system is showing correctly.

You need only to correct the report, or reverse earlier settlement and settle to AuC / Asset.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Correction of the report may affect other systems too. Let me see I am waiting for reply from business but since these settlements were done for period 10.2011 October last year it is really difficult now to settle again to AuC but if it can be then can we go with creating an AuC for all of these WBS? Give me some more inputs just some ideas can help me. Thanks.