Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using an LSMW program with dummy recording.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to lsmw, and i am facing some issues with a program i am working on.

In my current program I created a dummy recording, and bypassed other steps by manually writing my code in the step 'Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion'. I supplied dummy data to all the other steps. When i run the step convert data, the output I get is supposedly redundant because the data generation is already happening in the 'Read Data' step.

Right now I am generating the output data manually through the conversion program generated for the program I wrote in the step 'Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion'. Essentially the same thing is happening when i run the 'Read Data' step.

is it possible to access the data already generated in the 'Read Data' step in the 'Convert Data' step, instead of generating the data all over again(i am doing just that right now) through the conversion program.

In Short, is there a way to manipulate the data generated in the 'Read Data' step in the 'Convert Data' step.

Thanks,

Abhinay

4 REPLIES 4

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Read step is to read the data from the input fyou specified. No code or progam , written in " filed mapping and conversion" step is executed during the read data step. It is executed only during the conversion step.You can modify the data read during the read step anyways during the Coversion step by writing your own logic.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the reply. How do i modify the data read during the read step in the conversion step? is the data read during the read step stored in any internal table or some other place that can be accessed in the conversion step.

Thanks,

Abhinay.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for what reason do you need to modify the read data? if you need to manipulate the source data, then do this in source system, create a new extract and read it in again.

of course you can manipulate the data in the conversion step, you will not change the source data, but you will according to own logic create different values in the CONV file.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you are doing is completely wrong I think it best if you search SDN or Google for lsmw beginners guides and start from there.