cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Dynamically Resize Input Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a Web Dynpro view, is there any way to cause the Input Fields to resize based on the user’s browser font size?

For example, we have the length of our input boxes sized to fit the widest possible number of character so that they are all visible. However if the client’s browser is set to a large font, the data in the input box would require the user to scroll in order to view the contents.

I’m hoping there is some property or simple solution that I might have overlooked.

Thank you!

Uriel Wong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uriel,

According to <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/7306dff16ae540a21b35c286cf52c0/frameset.htm">Web Dynpro AbstractInputField API - IWDAbstractInputField</a>:

+

· width

Determines the width of the input field that you can specify in CSS sizes, such as em, ex, pixels or percentage values.+

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maksim,

Thank you for the fast response! We currently use the ".width" property. Please let me explain a little more.

I would like the input field to dynamically resize on the client-side. "Expand to fit" so to speak based on the size of the users font-size.

So in my case we accommodate the typical browser font size using the “.width” property… However if the user increases their browser font size, the field width ends up being too small to fit the contents.

Appreciate any suggestions. I realize it’s not the norm; however I must to ask on behalf of our customer to ensure I’ve covered other possible avenues.

Much Thanks!

Uriel Wong

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uriel,

I don`t think on-client resize is possible in WD.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.