cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Build Scenarios for the same configurable product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts -

We have a situation where we have a KMAT with a base unit and options. In the ideal situation, we will build the base unit as a phantom throughout the entire build process of the KMAT however, we also have the very commen sitution of needing to build the base units to stock and then we we have the KMAT order, build the KMAT using the base unit from inventory.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best handle this? To complicate things, whatever the solutions are, have to be easy to back out so we can rconfigure the sales orders as needed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you use the kmat material as phantom , i guess it might have been used in some other BOM as a pahntom component.

Do not mark the compoenent assembly as phantom in material master but set it phantom in BOM compoenent. this will make sure it is phantom in specific BOM only.

check and revert if this helps.

Regards,

Santosh Sarda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Santosh but this only partially addresses my issue (and I may not have explained it completely).

The process itself is different whether there is a phantom or the base unit issued to stock. If it is the phantom - it is a complete end to end build. If it is issued from stock - it is an evaluation, reconfiguration and sometimes test, sometimes not.

i need to understand what those two processes would look like and how to choose (in the system).

thanks

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

With above settings, you can use material like norm al proudction cycle and keep it in BUOM staock as desired by you.

You only need to set phantom indicator in relevent top order BOM so all compoenents below the phantom are directly issued to top level production order.

This will help you to plan the same material in 2 different ways.

Any questions , pls revert.

Answers (0)