cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Function Address Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I have one development related to the Partner Funtion address change. I am facing one critical issue.

I am updating the Name 2 field of one of the partner funciton at header level in the sales order depending on one condition. If the particular condition is satisfied the Name 2 field is getting filled in properly for that partner funciton. But when I check the address number in VBPA there is issue. The address number is same as KNA1. And strangely it also updates name 2 field in the customer master every time.

Usually when we change any address realted field in the partner function the system determined new address number for that particular partner function in VBPA.

In my case I know something wrong is happeninig. Can anyone suggest what can be done here? Any code change or Any function module to be used in the user exit where I am updating the Name2 field?

If you need any details to understand the issue in more details please do let me know.

Regards,

Vishi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishi,

I am updating the Name 2 field of one of the partner funciton at header 
level in the sales order depending on one condition. If the particular condition 
is satisfied the Name 2 field is getting filled in properly for that partner funciton. 
But when I check the address number in VBPA there is issue. The address 
number is same as KNA1. And strangely it also updates name 2 field in the customer 
master every time.
Usually when we change any address realted field in the partner function the system 
determined new address number for that particular partner function in VBPA.
In my case I know something wrong is happeninig. Can anyone suggest what can be done here? 
Any code change or Any function module to be used in the user exit where I am updating the Name2 field?

Considering your issue pertaining to Partner address changes at Sales Order level, please note that in Standard Vanilla SAP, wherever the address details of the Partner functions are edited, a new address number gets generated with repect to the Partner function and same is reflected in VBPA table...

I assume that the field updating activity (NAME 2 of address) is a manually one not triggered by User exit, but i would like to hear from you more this event. Could you have one more round of cross check on this activity at the time Sales Order creation ?

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarthak,

Thanks for your reply.

The field Name 2 of a partner funciton ZP is updated through User Exit. But when I change the field mannally then there is no problem.

I hope this is clear to you.

Regards,

Vishi