cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un planned depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Requirement : To post different rates of depreciation every month according to the variable portion in the depreciation key.

According to variable portion i'm able to arrive at the required depreciation percentage, but for the second month when i give the variable portion, system is calculating a percentage and assuming that it should be applied for the first month and second month. So it is calculating the depreciation according to the new percentage and subtracting the already posted amount and posting the balance.

What i want is system should calculate the new percentage and post it irrespective of what is posted in the previous months. I tried unplanned depreciation and still it check the postings in previous months.

Is there any way to post the depreciation as period independent?

Best Regards

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal

Unplanned dep From ABAA and AFAB seems to be the option to me

Post unplanned from ABAA and then it gets posted in FI from AFAB

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

ABAA is asset specific. It is not at all practical to do tht when u have like 3000 + assets. Got to find something else.. But i'm surprised why system would recalculate from begining even if i post unplanned dep.

Best Regards

Vimal

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal

Can you try by maintaining a different Variable portion with ref to dates i.e. From 1st apr to 30th - X and from 1st May to 31st may as Y

If you straight away change the varialbe portion, it applies to all open Fiscal years in Asset Accounting i.e. if 2010 is open, it would impact 2010 also

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

where do i give the date range for variable portion? if you are mentioning the time dependant tab, i believe, that gives date range for shift factor used. Is there any other place?

Best Regards

Vimal

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal

Yes, my intention was to maintain a time dependant shift factor... Is not that possible?

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.