cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators read this ...!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am not sure where to post my question.. W e don't even hase a sub-forum for BASIS WHAT A SHAME .Thomas Zloch posted on my first ever post on SDN by this:

I quote"

Dear all,

Please let me know why the Splash screen is stretching to fit the window on CRM (Dev and prod) and on ECC-Prd but not on ECC-Dev.

I uploaded the same image on both the servers via the t-code smw0 and made an entry START_IMAGE in the table SSM_CUST.

This is not a CRM vs. ECC issue as, when I transfer the requests from Dev to Prod for both CRM and ECC the ECC-Prd image also distorts just as it does in CRM-Dev (and CRM-Prod). So out of the four servers above, I can only see the image as I want, in ECC-Dev. Please let me know why is this.

Thanks.

Charles.

Moderator message: not directly related to ABAP development, please have a look in the Netweaver forums.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Jun 3, 2011 10:23 AM

Quote ends.

Please let me know where to post my question as this is not related to Netweaver and is a BASIS question for ECC.

Thanks.

Charles.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

The current default forum for Basis issues is "SAP Netweaver Administrator" forum.

I have highlighted the fact that more clarity is needed regarding the naming of the forums when taking about Basis issue as it can be misleading.

In anycase i think Olivier has provided the answer to your quetion and you are welcome to post your threads in the future in the mentioned forum

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan - this is something that has puzzled me for a while too.

Rob

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem Rob,

I posted a [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/23444] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; recently about it and theres been quite a bit of interest in the idea place, but I'm still waiting for the official point of view of the collaboration team

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

The current default forum for Basis issues is "SAP Netweaver Administrator" forum

Yes, indeed but the official description is :

This forum is dealing with the SAP NetWeaver Administrator, the new Web Dynpro based administration tool

I agree that the descriptions should be changed to reflect the current de facto usage.

Regards,

Olivier

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats correct.. it should be changed

I guess all this will be sorted with the introduction of the new Jive SBS in the new few months (hopefully)

Regards

Juan

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We certainly plan to utilize our move to align on taxonomy! I'll be sure those responsible are aware of this thread and Juan's blog.

However forum descriptions can be updated today. Moderators of the specific forum should reach out to me directly.

Best, Gali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check parameter "RESIZE_IMAGE" in table SSM_CUST in both systems.

I guess one is set to YES and the other to NO.

By the way, Netweaver does not imply JAVA : There is a Netweaver Java stack and a Netweaver Abap stack.

I agree that the forum descriptions are not the best and lead to a lot of confusion for where to post.

Regards,

Olivier

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Olivier.

I want to add that moderators normally are experts in their area of moderation, but at the same time cannot possibly be experts in all potential target topics of a misplaced thread, so it is not always possible to suggest the best forum.

Thomas

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You posted this in "ABAP General". It is certainly not directly related to ABAP development. Regarding the correct forum, my suggestion was one of the "SAP Netweaver" forums. The term "Basis" is a bit outdated since a while, to my knowledge.

Maybe some "Basis" expert will see this discussion and suggest the correct home. I also invite you to study the brief content description for each forum, a good starting point is the forum overview for an entire category.

Example: [SAP Netweaver|/community [original link is broken];

Also search for previous discussions of similar topics using the search function. This will give you an idea about the appropriate forum.

Thomas