cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overtime approval in +ve time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we are in positive time. and beyond the planed working time will be calculated as Overtime... which is working fine..

but my client requirement is. once the attendace sheet goes to particular department (with OT hours) Head of the department should be approved the Over time hours before it goes to payroll .

I suggest to go for attendace quota to make it approval process but they dont like to create attendace quota (for over time).

How can i implement this ???

thanks in adavance,

Shan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you are not using CATS, then there is no standard process for your approval,

You need to upload your overtime data in catsdb and once you have it, you can use standard approval process in CATS

You can upload the Time entries using standard bapis in catsdb and then subject them to approval using CAPS or rcats_approve_activities or from portal!

'BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_INSERT'

BradKrahe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is the customer using CATS? attendances could be entered by data entry people, employee through ESS etc and approval process could be done by the manager ensuring only approved time gets sent to Payroll for payment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

client is not using CATS to capture the times.. they are using finger scane machines...through the fingur scane machine all attendace data (in time and out time) coming to table TEVEN (infotype 2011).

so.. im capturing OT time hours which is beyond the planned working time..and displaying the OT hours in the daily attendace sheet.

but their requirement is.. they need to do the approval process by head of department when they got this attendace sheet either via email or pdf format..

how can i do this approval process... ? any idea

regards.

shan.

BradKrahe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Does it have to be an SAP approval process? or can it be a manual process manager review the email/pdf and if change is required an administrator can make the changes in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be SAP approval process....

Are they any SAP approval procees for the above mentioned requirement?

regarsd,

shan.

Edited by: Shanmuganathan Dineshkumar on Jun 9, 2011 1:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shan,

Here is a thought.

If you are recognizing the over time hours in time evaluation, convert these hours to an unpaid time (time wage type) instead of overtime. Then write a custom program to query the particular time wage type in the results and load CATS data base. The program should identify the unpaid OT time wage type and convert to an attendance type you need to load in the CATS data base including the PERNR, BEGDA, ENDDA, BEGUZ, ENDUZ, AWART. Trigger a back end job to run this program according to the frequency your client wants.

Then the supervisor can use CATS_APPR_LITE and take action on the time (approve or reject). You can then run CAT6 as a background job as well to transfer the approved time to IT2002. That approved time can get evaluated the next time when time evaluation runs.

If the approval process has to be in SAP then you may have to perform some configuration in CATS although you necessarily dont have to roll it out to all the employees.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Regards,

Raj.

former_member583520
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Dinesh,

We are Implementing the positive time management. We are using 2011 infotype for in and time. My client want over time approval process. Once over time approved then only data needs to be update in SAP. Can you please let me know. How can I do this.

Please help me out on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Revathi.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Revathi,

Please post your question in a new thread since this thread has the status as Assumed Answered.

Also, please clarify your requirement in detail.

Regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member583520
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Omid,

we can import the data to 2011 in and out time after that how can i split its approved over time and unapproved over time. Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Revathi