cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to modify BOM data if this BOM is used ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1. Is it possible to modify BOM data (assemble component data) if this BOM is already used by some SFCs without creating a new BOM version? SFC's status may be a not "Done".

2. If all SFCs' status are "Done" which are used the BOM, even that I cannot modify BOM data.

I know it is not reasonable that modify BOM data if one SFC is already used. We just would like to know because it can help us to speed up implementation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Cary Chuang,

Yes, the design does not allow you to modify a BOM that is already used in both cases you descibed. You have to create a new Revision of it.

Regards,

Alex.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. if you have a program that you can acces the Data base you can do a direct change in the table. This will not affect SFC in use. Ift will be effective from first new SFC created. We use a program called SQL developer. From here i can acces all tables of information and with REED/ WRIGHT acces i can change Assembly points.

Rgds

Even

0 Kudos

Please note that approach Even suggested is not recommended by SAP and may lead to database inconsistencies.

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

It is also possible to use Shop Order specific BOMs (by system rule or Production Order import), wihch means the master BOM is copied for each Shop Order and remains editable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recommend you avoid using WIP BOM Reconfiguration. It is slated for replacement in 6.x.

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No - I do not think this will help you

0 Kudos

You may use WIP BOM Reconfiguration to fix some SFCs, but you will not be able to edit configuration data in BOM Maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I cannot find WIP BOM Reconfiguration (SU550) Persmission setting in the User Group Maintenance UI.

Even I add a button which attach SU550 activity in the POD, the system shows error " Permissions or settings are required to run activity SU550 (Message 16034) ".

Can you tell me how to enable SU550 activity?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't see it because the activity itself is not in a group (presumably to discourage its use). So put it in a group then assign permissions to it.

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi - Best practice, as Alex states, would be to change the BOM Rev. However, there are a couple of things that SAP ME can do to allow the BOM not to have a revision change.

- You could change the system rule to allow the use of Non-BOM components. This would allow you to assemble components that are not on the BOM.

- You could define alternate components if you would like to use a different component to one defined on the BOM

Hope that helps

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Can we use archive to solve this case?