cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Field is Blank in Transaction F-28

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a requirement to add to the current layout the text field in F-28 transaction code. However, when I add them as an administrator, The text field is blank. We already maintained the text field in both Accounting Document Line item and in the Invoice but still the text field is blank. Where can we find the value of text field in the documents shown in F-28. Are there any configuration to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Please check out field status for Text field in configuration for your customer recon account in OBC4. Also check field status group of Text field for your posting key OB41. This is the customization side for your text field display in F-28 . Also check for any validation used for F-28 in GGB0. Hope it will help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers, I already checked in both transactions and the text field is only optional (not suppressed). And in GBB0/1, there is not substitution or any validation for Accounting Document Text.

Any other configuration that I am missing?

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Can you please elaborate your issue further. What exactly you require from text SGTXT field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Currently they had this problem on tagging which Invoices to be considered for payment clearance in tcode F-28. Their current process is every Ship-To-Party, they also equate it as one project code with the location of the project information,etc. They are using this ever since the first implementation. So in their process, they go to FBL5N to check those invoices created before going to F-28. In FBL5N, I incorporated the text field there (filled by user-exit display) which also came from the accounting document. But it's not correct since they are using the ship-to-party value in F-28.

So we tested by manual input directly the Ship-To-Party Code to Acc Doc Line Item Text Field. It went to FBL5N, as showing the value there but in F-28 it is not showing.

Do you have any solution for this? Since during payment in F-28, I think these entries are already Acc Doc Entries and Ship-To-Party is not reflected here but Payer only (coming from the invoice).

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

For this no further customization is required , there seems a problem with your user exit to fill the text field. Please contact ABAPER to debug the issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks @Atif, I guess you are right.

There are some substitution not implemented by me that I am unaware of. I debugged the system and got the substitution exit. Now my solution will be on enhancing the subsitution exit and documenting this further.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The text field can be displayed in F-28. Also, there is a T Code where you can decide which field from BSEG will display in the second screen of F-28, where customer invoices are selected. I think the T Code is O7E5 or O7E6. The same is available under

IMG>Financial Accounting>Accounts receievable & payable>Customer Accounts>Display Sort or Line Item Display. Not very sure of exact SPRO path, but is avaialble in Customer Accounts.

Check this link

https://docs.google.com/View?id=ddhfd9x3_248dq8wspdg

Regards

Sanil Bhandari