explain me briefly

regards

anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand........

Transit warehous is nothing a Buffer Warehouse where it is used to show that the goods are in tranbsit means Goods are on the way.

Let say an Example, You have to shift your material from Mumbai warehouse to Bangalore Warehouse (Both are your own branches) and it takes for goods to reach minimum 5 Days.

So you have to show the Inventory Transfer entry that Goods are dispatched from Mumbai Warehosue and hence it should be less in Mumbai Warehouse but not yet reached to Bangalore Warehouse.

So this buffer for 5 Days you have to transfer to Transit Warehoouse. So when the goods reached to destination (Bangalore) the Do other Invetory Transfer from Transit warehouse to Bangalore Warehouse.......

Hope this clarifies the concept of Transit Warehouse.......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Rahul and Gordon

i am now clear in the concept thanks a lot,

i want to know how to handle it in SAP?

ie how to create transit warehouse?

and to change to regular whouse?

regards

anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi........

Greate.....

Ok Create a Normal warehouse just like other warehouses and give its code and name as Transit or intermidiate warehouse as you wish.

Then When you want to transfer goods from one warehosue to other warehouse like as I explained from Mumbai to Bangalore then just do first inventory transfer friom Mumbai warehosue to Transit warhouse.

Goods will be in Transit warehouse for 5 days as it will show you the track of inventory.

Once Goods reached to Bangalore warehouse the do another inventory warehosue from Transit warehouse to Bangalore Warehouse......

For invetory transfer go to Inventory> Inventory Transactions> Inventory Transfer

Hope you cleared now......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member

Superb Rahul,

you are doing good work

regards

anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos