cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Newbie question about CR in VS2008 and page footers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't used CR in a long time. I'm currently running Visual Studio 2008 (Version 10 of CR, so I'm told) and I have this brain-dead simple report that lists 3 fields from one table. In the footer I have the standard Page # of # field. (The report is being displayed as a subreport of another report within a Winforms program.)

What I can't seem to do is get the footer to print on every page. It looks to me like the detail section is filling all available space. Only the last page displays a Page# field and that's right at the bottom of the list, not physically at the bottom of the page.

What setting am I missing? (I can't seem to find anything that will limit number of detail lines printed.)

Someone refresh my memory. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Because it's a subreport it's only going to show the page when the subreport run's

I think you want to put the page # of # in the main report. But not clear from your description.

Thanks

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your description is a bit confusing

The report is being displayed as a subreport of another report within a Winforms program

We don't allow nesting of reports in subreports, so this explanation seems a bit off. I'm going to assume that your report has been added to a main report as a subreport in the page footer.

One thing to keep in mind is that when you add a subreport it will not have page footers. Only a main report can span across multiple pages, hence the main report will have page footers. The subreport will only have a report footer.

This kbase might be helpful too: 1216554 - How to create fake page footers in subreports.