Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the MEMORY_NO_MORE_PAGING???

ki-uk_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The transaction FB05 terminated with dump MEMORY_NO_MORE_PAGING.

I know that the parameter rdisp/PG_MAXFS is increased to reslove this issue.

However What I am curious about is why these errors raised.

What is the paging file PAGFIL00?

Can anyone answer my question?

Best regards,

Ki-uk Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

This memory area exists, because of to work with large datasets. "Extract" and "Export to memory" ABAP statements uses, SAP paging memory. See the examples, below;

GET spfli. 
  EXTRACT flight_info.

EXPORT (itab) TO MEMORY ID id.

This memory block allocated on physical memory and disk. When the physical SAP paging memory filled, the system start use SAP paging memory on disk (PAGFIL00).

In summary, as I understand that FB05 is calling extract and/or export statements with the high load.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever one installs a SAP system they will ensure that enought RAM ( physical memory) is available and also make sure that they will set paging memory. Normally when SAP is being used the paging memory is used and the RAM is not used. So, everything goes fine with the memory. But once the paging memory is full, it tries to use the physocal emmory affecting the performance of the system. The memory struture in SAP itself is like that. it uses first the paging memory and then the physical memory. If you have this error then try to increase the paging memory. After increasing you need to reboot the machine for the new value to get reflected.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set this value to rdisp/PG_MAXFS = 250000 (32-zBit) so that it is 2GB according to note, you have noticed MEMORY_NO_MORE_PAGING which means Program has limited Memory and it will try to access Page file which is

PAGFIL00 PAGFIL<Inst.No>.DAT (Windows) or PAGFIL<Inst.No> (Unix and Linux)

Also may want to look at some Windows 2003 Recommended Patches.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1009297

Thanks

SM