cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load balancing issue

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I've configured load balancing for PI 7.1, just for the internal communication between the Integration Engines and the Adapter Engines. I have followed the setup guide for PI version 7.1. I cannot not, no matter what, get the the web dispatcher for the Adapter Engine's URL show up under SXI_CACHE --> ADAPTER Engine as anything but the real hostname (not the load balancer). I've checked the sap notes which say to go to the CIM Instance and check the hostname there. I've re-registered everything but it still will not use the load balancer as the AE URL.

I was told that there was only one load balancer between the Integration Engines and the Adapter Engines and vice versa. Is that true? Is there more than one load balancer between the AE engines and the Integration Engines? Setting the Integration Server URL in the SLD is easy, and I set the information below to the same settings. Is that wrong? I'm at a loss. It seems like such a simple question.

I've gone through this:

Start the configtool, navigate to template  services  com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc.

Enter the following for the load balancer:

 Host name for SLD.selfregistration.hostName

 HTTP port for SLD.selfregistration.httpPort

 HTTPS port for SLD.selfregistration.httpsPort

Save the changes and restart the JEE cluster.

Check that the self-registration was successful and that the new host name is available.

How To Scale Up SAP NetWeaver Process Integration

December 2009 6

Call transaction SXI_CACHE and choose Goto  Adapter Engine Cache. Delete the current

entry for the Adapter Engine. When a message is sent to the Adapter Engine, the entry is

reread from the SLD. Verify that the new host name is used in Adapter Engine URL.

Verify that the new host name is stored in the SLD: Access the SLD and navigate to Content

Maintenance. Select Class: XI Adapter Framework and the associated instances (Assocu2019s) for

your Adapter Engine. On the next screen, in the XI Adapter Hosted HTTP Service Port section,

choose Basic URLs of Adapter Engine on <host>. Verify that the new host name is used for

URL and SecureURL.

Note

For more information, see SAP Note 804124.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

The SLDUSER in the SLD destination in NWA was locked. So, the adapter engine couldn't register the new url on restart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Did you have to modify anything on the ECC side to get this to work/load balance? I made all the changes explained in the How to Scale Up doc (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c02f072f-3799-2c10-e0b8-d98d323c0908) to fully implement the Web Dispatcher.... but I was wondering how the ECC backend would know where to deliver outbound transactions. Does it get the WD system information from the SLD at the time it attempts to deliver a transaction to PI? Or do we have to update SM59 or someother configuration to make the ECC aware of the Web Dispatcher?